Friday, March 2, 2012

Baked Apple Country Style Ribs

Recipe Details

Ingredients

2 pounds Country Style Ribs
3 apples peeled (If you dont want to cut and ...peel them all ...I buy frozen Nature's Best they are supposed to have very minimal to junk sprayed on them- found at Byron Meats, Hardings, Heffron Farms)
3 leeks trimmed- can use onion instead
1/4 chix stock (make your own and freeze it so you always have some handy its so simple or I buy Meijer Naturals Chicken stock, its doenst have all the added garbage)
2 cloves of garlic (I sometimes buy organic minced saves on time)
1 tablespoon fresh sage or 1/2 tsp dried
salt and pepper to taste


Directions


season pork with salt and pepper put in crock pot layer leeks and apples on top. In seperate bowl add stock, garlic, sage, blend and pour over top. Cook on low for 6-7 hours until pork is tender. Serve with apples and leeks on top of pork.
I have also cooked it with potatoes, but it pairs great with my homemade gluten free mac and cheese I will post that recipe as well... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment